A Place to Grow
This is our "piece de resistance". Our extensive outside play areas and pet farm are unique in childcare in Galway and even further afield. We have 3 areas of grounds which are made up of:
- Large front playground with play equipment set on a soft surface enclosed with fencing
- Large front playground for trikes and ball play surfaced in tarmac enclosed with fencing
- Large front grassed area for summertime picnics, games and flower picking.
- Two fenced in fields for our variety of animals (e.g. lambs calves, potbelly pigs, goats etc.)
- Covered animal enclosures with walkway housing a variety of fowl, rabbits and guinea pigs
- Back playground covered in wet pour safety surface with a large enclosed sand pit.
Our secret garden is an old walled orchard rejuvenated with a new lease of life. 1 acre of grass, hills, tyres, apple trees, plum trees, paths, tree house and pirate ship. A children's paradise which allows little minds to develop unlimited imaginative play, running climbing and exploring. All set within the safety of an enclosed walled garden with a secret door set in the wall for access. We also have a toilet facility here so that children can remain here to play uninterrupted for as long as they wish.
Children are always supervised while outside
We also have a small vegetable patch in which the children can plant seasonal vegetables and flowers. The vegetables will be used in the kitchen if possible.
For extra fun the vegetable patch has a scarecrow.
All our rooms are bright and airy with large windows, high ceilings and plenty of space. We have a separate dining room for our main meals equipped with highchairs, low tables and chairs for the younger children and bigger tables for the older children. Downstairs we have child sized toilets with changing facilities, while upstairs our toilets are full size for the bigger children. Our sleep room consist of cots and toddler beds and is monitored through a babylink and regular visual checks.
We have our own buggies which we use for outside walks around the grounds
The Orchard Childcare Centre Cummer Corofin Co. Galway Tel 093-32742
We grow our own vegetables each year to supply to our kitchen. This typically includes carrots, onion, garlic, lettuce, tomato, courgette, peas, parsnips, turnips, beetroot, strawberries etc. Children get the opportunity to experience the cycle of food with the added bonus of eating fresh wholesome and organic food from our garden.